DisplayMate tested iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr.Blacky, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Mr.Blacky macrumors regular

...and it seems like, they were very impressed! Oh, and I just want to share a little snippet here:

"The iPhone 7 produces up to an impressive Peak Brightness of 705 nits when Automatic Brightness is turned On in High Ambient Light, where high Brightness is really needed." ;)

http://www.displaymate.com/iPhone7_ShootOut_1.htm

2. phoneme macrumors member

the real question most iphone users wanna know is are thoes 705 nits better than an oled used on a galaxy phone. because you know iphone users wanna brag about it. but sorry to say they can't.

"A new record high Peak Brightness of over of 1,000 nits" note7

3. yegon macrumors 68020

By which you mean.....<1%.

4. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I think the results of their testing are incredible!

5. caelius macrumors regular

caelius

You know, that still doesn't change the fact that it's a crappy and cheap Samsung. Wouldn't change even with a one billion nits display. :)

6. xofruitcake macrumors 6502a

ha ha ha, why do you think most iphone users want to know what Note brightness is? You must have too much time in your hand and think everyone in the world care about Samsung Note. :cool: Get a life, get a job or get a gf/bf and stop poking into Apple forum if you don't like Apple product. There is no reason for your to waste your time here :cool:).

7. Mr.Blacky thread starter macrumors regular

I believe YOU are the one who cares and not "most iPhone users"! :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Sep 19, 2016 ---
    And it proves that the iPhone 7 display is indeed brighter than the 6s one.

8. J4B3 macrumors regular

J4B3

I had the Note7 for a while before swapping it for a 7+ (for obvious reasons).

The Samsung SAMOLED panel is amazing and hard to beat, I really hope Apple is somehow able to improve on this tech next year. The AMOLED was brighter, with perfect blacks and everything just looked like candy for the eyes.

Apple's 7 LCD panel is 100% more accurate; some pink flowers that I took pics of looked somewhat reddish on the Note 7, while being exact on the i7. Also, on the Note 7 panel, I had to worry about burn-in and experienced image ghosting on lower brightness levels. The iPhone's panel is just worry-free.

Ultimately, I still would prefer the SAMOLED panel, but would like to see Apple's version of the tech.

9. EarlZ macrumors regular

That quote above was taken on the article posted, they may have the best display testing equipment on the planet and with PhD's and all that but I heavily disagree that OLED screens are uniform. The mobile OLED screens from Samsung that I've used (Wave,S1,S2,Note,Note2,Note3,Note7,Tab 7.7) and seen are in no ways 'uniform' OLED seems to have an inherent weakness to uniformity especially in whites and greys aside from the Galaxy wave and S1 screens, I have yet to see a uniform OLED screen from Samsung, at 50% or less brightness and no overhead light or glare on the screen simply bring up the default samsung keyboard and put it on landscape mode you will see a lot of uniformity issues on greys, bring up macrumors (desktop view ) and you can also see a lot of uniformity issues whites.. but thats enough about my rant on OLEDs. I am very interested to see how impressive the display is on the Iphone 7 Plus and it wont be probably until mid November to late December for it to officially release in where I reside. I just hope the 'yellow-gate' issues are resolved by that time.