Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alex234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2012
Casselberry, Florida
Hi. I'm trying to use DisplayOut with my iPad 3 using Apple's composite AV cable. I have DisplayOut enabled but my iPad screen is not showing up on my tv. All I can see are the taps from my iPad. Thanks!

Happytodd

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2010
Hello Alex,

I had the same issue with my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 when I had purchased a component cable from Apple. DisplayOut never worked for me, however I did find an alternative called "TVOut2Mirror" which works great because it gives you options on how you want it to be displayed on television, such as adjusting the positioning and making it larger or smaller.

I hope this helps! :)

mcaram16

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2010
Hello Alex,

I had the same issue with my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 when I had purchased a component cable from Apple. DisplayOut never worked for me, however I did find an alternative called "TVOut2Mirror" which works great because it gives you options on how you want it to be displayed on television, such as adjusting the positioning and making it larger or smaller.

I hope this helps! :)

Do you know if this app works with all apps? Specifically the Optimum app?

Thanks.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Hi. I'm trying to use DisplayOut with my iPad 3 using Apple's composite AV cable. I have DisplayOut enabled but my iPad screen is not showing up on my tv. All I can see are the taps from my iPad. Thanks!

The DisplayOut + Resupported combo works just great on my iPad 3 for composite mirroring. If you can't get the Apple cable working, order a cheap Chinese unchipped knock-off cable and get Resupported.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I think its the app. I've used the cable before to look at a video on my screen, so I know the cable works.

Also,

1, do you have Resupported on your iPad? If you have, try removing it as it stops some official Apple cables (at least the VGA one) from working.

2. what about the settings at Settings > Extensions > Display Out? Is it enabled?

----------

"TVOut2Mirror" which works great because it gives you options on how you want it to be displayed on television, such as adjusting the positioning and making it larger or smaller.

BTW, DisplayOut is also capable of this, see the sliders at the bottom of Settings > Extensions > Display Out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.