Displayout from Cydia

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by drenline, Aug 27, 2010.

1. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I just bought this app off the cydia store today for $1.99. What it's used for is to display a mirrored image of the ipad, for example...I can connect apple's dock connector to VGA adapter to any larger tv/monitor and it will show everything that is being displayed, that's right... I said EVERYTHING.

Well, the main problem I have with it is... it randomly shuts my entire ipad completely off. I can't press the home button or the power button to wake it back up. I have to hold down the home + power button for 6 seconds for a hard reboot each time it does this. Does anyone else get this problem?

I mean, overall it works, but I'm tired of having to do a hard reboot every time it dies out. Anybody found a solution?

iPad is on iOS 3.2

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

How is your iPad on iOS 4.0? The betas for that haven't even been out yet.

As per your problem, I've never had issues with Display Out.

3. drenline thread starter macrumors 6502a

drenline

lol my bad, was thinking of my iphone when I wrote 4.0, ok I edited it.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I've never used it on an iPhone 4 so I can't really help your there. I also wasn't aware that Display Out supported the iPhone 4.

5. drenline thread starter macrumors 6502a

drenline

You asked me how is my iPad on 4.0, and I told you it was my mistake, I meant to say 3.2, my IPHONE is on 4.0 not my iPad. I havn't tried this on my iphone either just my iPad.

6. drenline thread starter macrumors 6502a

drenline

Alright, after having it installed for 24 hours, I found the solution to my own question.

In the Settings icon, apparently DisplayOut appears in my Extensions tab, which I didn't really pay attention to at first...but in order for it to not crash my ipad each time I unhooked the dock connector, I had to click on the button that says "disabled", because apparently, it was left on "enabled" this entire time... lol ok problem solved.

I got a 2nd question on this same topic....Does anyone know how to fix the video lag when I play videos from my library? It's extremely choppy during video playback when being mirrored onto my HDTV.

7. Scorpio12345 macrumors member

^Have you tried using OPlayer? It seems to work pretty well with that. It stutters for a few seconds but then it sorts itself out.

I have a more annoying problem with DP though.. Random apps such as Youtube and Docstogo seem to crash with it for some reason... Not sure why..