Displayport Adapter Problems

T3AR5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
Hi
I bought a Displayport-to-HDMI-Adapter and it works just fine, but from time to time the second Screen turns black for like 3secs and than works fine again for some time.
I have the Macbook Air 2011 with Thunderbolt and I tried different Adapters including the iWires one from the Applestore.
I don´t know what to do against it and it really sucks when watching a movie or presenting a paper at university..
Thanks for your help! =)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It's almost certainly the adaptor itself...they are not all the same when it comes to quality...Many swear by the Moshi from the Apple store, or the Monster, but I thought I'd try a cheapie first....Mine is a Neet from Amazon...Works perfectly on all three of my Macs, and outputs sound and vision perfectly...That's where some of them fall over...When it comes to sound and vision. FWIW:

I can't find the Neet on the US store, but there are plenty there:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...field-keywords=neet+mini+display+port+adaptor

Comment

T3AR5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
thanks for your reply, but mine works fine..there is just like every 15min a black screen for 3secs and not all the time and I have that problem with 3 different adapters..
could it be that the thunderboltport isn't working correctly? or something like that

Comment

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
thanks for your reply, but mine works fine..there is just like every 15min a black screen for 3secs and not all the time and I have that problem with 3 different adapters..
could it be that the thunderboltport isn't working correctly? or something like that
Hmm. Three different adaptors? I think I'd give Apple a call and get your Mac checked out.

Comment

T3AR5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
mhm ok.. I hoped there would be a solution like with the color-issue where you just have to replace a file in the system folder.. :/

Comment

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
mhm ok.. I hoped there would be a solution like with the color-issue where you just have to replace a file in the system folder.. :/
Not that I know of offhand...Worth giving them a call. If you'd only had the one adaptor I'd say it was odds on....Are the adaptors all the same make? If so, it might be an idea to try a different brand, or borrow one from a buddy?

Comment

T3AR5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
i tried the iWires mDP to Hdmi, one from XFX and a noname one.
the xfx provided a hdmi slot while the iwires has a build in hdmi-cabel.
they´re from 3 different brands that´s why i think it might be the mac :/
i´ll call apple later when i´m home and see what i can do against it..

Comment

T3AR5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
for some unknown reason i can´t call the support o_O when i dial the number nothing happens, but all other numbers work just fine -.-

so i still need help :/

Comment

T3AR5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
in germany.. i don´t really get it either.. i´ll just try again tomorrow if i´m still stuck at this problem..

Comment

T3AR5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
hi
support couldn´t help either...
if noone has a solution than i might just have to live with it..

Comment

T3AR5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
I think I'll just live with it or wait till ML is released and try if it is fixed

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.