Displays don't got to sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AtariAge, Apr 8, 2007.

1. AtariAge macrumors member

AtariAge

I am running OS X 10.4.9 on a PowerMac G5. In the "Energy Saver" preference panel I have "Put the display to sleep when the computer is inactive for:" set to 1 hour. However, the displays never actually do go to sleep. I have two flat panel displays (one Dell, one Gateway) hooked up to the system, both via DVI connections. The screensaver kicks in after 30 minutes, but neither monitor goes to sleep. I tried other screensavers to make sure it wasn't a particular screensaver causing the problem, but the behavior remains the same.

Can anyone provide some insight as to why my displays aren't sleeping?

Thanks,

..Al

2. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

my dell 24 says entering power-save mode and then goes black when my macbook's screen sleeps and when the macbook sleeps.

sorry, i don't know the settings to enable this – it just works.

3. AtariAge thread starter macrumors member

AtariAge

I have several other Macs (Mac Mini, Macbook, two G4 towers) and they all put the displays to sleep properly. I'm wondering now if it has anything to do with USB devices plugged into the monitors (both of them have built-in card readers and USB hubs). I will have to do some experimenting.

..Al

4. craftyshrew macrumors newbie

Display won't wake up

I have a different issue. When I plug in my DVI connection to my MacBook Pro the monitor instantly goes to "Energy Saving Mode" and doesn't seem to receive the connection properly. When I use my DVI->VGA adapter the signal comes through but the resolution isn't quite right.

Any Thoughts?