Displays with similar feature set to 24" ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brentsg, May 24, 2010.

1. brentsg macrumors 68040

I love my 24" ACD but I need an additional display for another box.

I'd prefer to get one with a bit more flexibility on the inputs, but retain the IPS panel and LED backlight. Has anyone picked up anything they'd recommend along these lines?

I could go as large as maybe 27" but no more. I had a 30 and it was just too large for my environment.

Thanks

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

If you haven't looked at it already, a useful list of IPS displays:

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/s-ips-lcd-list.php

I haven't used any of the displays on it other than the 27" iMac, though, so I can't offer any useful personal suggestions other than that I've had good luck with low-end ViewSonic monitors at work--haven't had one fail or develop a bad pixel yet.

3. evilcat macrumors member

You're in luck, because 24" IPS displays are taking off. Dell make one, HP do also, NEC have just brought one out... a great resource is tftcentral.co.uk because you can even search their database by panel model and find out which monitors have the exact same panel as the Apple display.

4. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I picked up a pair of Dell U2311H's for about $235 each recently. The U2311 is an IPS monitor but uses CCFL not LED backlighting. The U2311's are a bit down on color gamut compared to the LED backlit U2410, but they are also about half the cost. Another advantage is that CCFL's are less prone to banding which has been noted as a problem on the U2410. Loosing an inch sounds like a pretty big concession but the size difference is not as bad as you might think.

a good visual on lcd size

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1064635

5. brentsg thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks for the input but I won't own a CCFL display.