Dispute Apple iPad Repair

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JJhenley, Aug 11, 2011.

1. JJhenley macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have had my iPad for 6 weeks and kept crashing. Apple advised me to complete a restore, which I did. But it kept going through loops saying it could not restore, and produced error code 9.

Called Apple, went through various diagnostics and they picked the unit up, which they received today.

But, I have just been told that they will not repair this due to misuse or accidental damage.

The unit is only 6 weeks old, never been dropped or liquid spilt on it.

Has anyone had any experience of disputing a repair with Apple? I really can not see how the unit has been dropped etc?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Jason

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Was the IPAD jailbroken. That could be a cause for them not to repair it.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Have you called and found out what they have found?

4. JJhenley thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

No iPad wasn't Jailbroken at all.

Tried to call them, but their systems haven't updated, but have confirmed it is being sent back to me unprepared due to misuse or accidental damage.

Totally gutted, as it was a 40th Birthday present from my wife.

J

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Can you take it to an Apple Store to get a second opinion?

6. rworne macrumors 6502

Sent back? You mailed it to them?

Sounds like it may be shipping damage. But one would think Apple would be smart enough to figure out a crushed box.

7. JJhenley thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Finally got a reply back from Apple, they are saying the dock connector is damaged, but at this stage can not produce a photo.

I got the unit back, and can not see any damage at all, and the unit charges and is recognised by iTunes, but does not restore.

I have escalated this with the customer services manager, and waiting to hear back.

8. ninerfan macrumors regular

I had an issue with Apple repair that was different in that my ipad 2 was severely overheating, they said there was nothing wrong with it, prepared it for FedEX return, it was never picked up by FedEX and who knows where it is today.

However, prior to realizing it had been lost, I refused to accept their "determination" that there was nothing wrong with it, and requested escalation to a supervisor. I can honestly say I have never received such great service by caring people. They ultimately sent me a new ipad 2 because mine was lost, but if they could have found it they said it would be repaired or replaced, period!

Don't accept their blaming you. The iPad is only 6 weeks old! Call them, and keep on calling them, and go as high as you can.