Dissapearing Programs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Masry, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Masry macrumors newbie

hey everyone, i have just recently bought my first apple macbook in December, i wanted to get familiar with macs because i got bored of regular pc computers. It has been running fine until recently the photobooth dissapeared off my computer but then to make things WORSE my system preferences has also dissapeared and i have tired to search for them on spotlight and what not but no luck in finding them, can you guys help me out here. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

2. b1u3b0y Guest

If you click on the apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen you can get to system preferences.. so I'm guessing that it's only the icon that has disappeared. That's very strange that the icons have disappeared though. I'd recommend just doing a repair with the installation disk or do a complete reformat. Then they should be back for sure.

3. Masry thread starter macrumors newbie

i have tried that but even when i click system prefrences from the top left corner it still does not open and also if i for example want to open blue tooth prefrences it wont let me either, and the problem is i cant seem to find my instilation disks, so does anyone know how to recover it using the terminal or another method?