Dissapointed at one of the GEnius helper

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by piatti, Aug 31, 2011.

1. piatti, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

piatti macrumors 6502a

piatti

When I first brought my EHD for set up she partioned my EHD into 3 partitions. I have no idea why she would want to do that. It limits the size of certain files you can put there. I mean I have 2 TB but it's now I have three separate 666 GB EHDs in one lump. So I can't put more than 666GB worth of stuff to each of my partitions, which means I can't exceed 666GB for my iPhoto files or music. Why would anyone want to divide up their EHDs into pieces?

Now I'll probably have to buy another drive to back up what I have in EHD so I can erase everything and start back with just one partition, can I make her pay for this?

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

it sounds like you know what you're doing -- why bring your external HD to an Apple Store in the first place? What were they setting up?

3. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

It was for an EHD that was configured by default to Windows, and although I asked about it here, I was still unsure so I brought it there.

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Disk Utility is all you need!

I'd recommend using DU to create an image file of the stuff your backing up and store it somewhere while you repartition the drive.