Dissapointed with new Mac Book release

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rickboy, Nov 3, 2008.

1. rickboy macrumors newbie

What seemed the perfect refresh of the Macbook, apple had to go along and screw it up. On my way to purchase it I learned there was no firewire port. I move lots of data and was planning to us the notbook to do music produccion and graphic design on the go. As I want to us it to DJ live as well and I move my music collection back and forth alot. I was also going to use it as my main computer since at home I would dock it to an external monitor, mouse and keyboard with the lid closed. The macbook applealed to me because of its size. I purchase all my external hardrives as firewire since they are faster and allow me to edit and render, video and music from the drive. The Macbooks did not interest me because of the graphics chip. And with the recent update had everything going for it, except the firewire port. I am dissapointed and will not be purchasing a Mac at least not in this product cycle.

I want to ask if there is any remedy for this, if there is i will purchase the macbook immediatly. If any of you know of an adapter or something i can use to connect my firewire perephirals let me know.

2. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

Not another one.....

DEAL WITH IT.

If you need a firewire port and cant get a MBP , I'm sincerely sorry, but just get a PC, and if you need too, run hackintosh.

Oh and there is no adapter at this time

3. Jake381 macrumors member

"Upon purchasing it I learned there was no firewire port."

You should have done your homework.

"I want to ask if there is any remedy for this, if there is i will purchase the macbook immediatly"

I thought you had already purchased it? The remedy is to buy a Macbook Pro.

Next thing you are going to be pissed off that your new macbook air doesn't have a CD drive.

4. holycow macrumors newbie

You spent over $1300 without doing the smallest bit of research?

5. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Oh boy...

Somebody help me. I just purchased a car, but I realized it only had 2 doors instead of 4. I really need 4 doors. What should I do now? :rolleyes:

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Take the hood and trunk covers off and duct tape doors in their place.

7. gibbz macrumors 68030

[​IMG]

8. Jake381 macrumors member

Complain on the Macrumors forums about how you didn't research your purchase :p

9. rickboy thread starter macrumors newbie

No I didnt purchase it. It was a typo on my part you idiots. I was on my way to purchase it you morons. I so happen to want a firewire port on my computer. I asked if there was a way to remedy this. And all i got was comments from a bunch of jerks. Anyway i know what I need to know through other means.

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Everyone else is an idiot because of YOUR typo? That's rich.

There is no remedy for no firewire.

Kthxbye.

11. goobimama macrumors regular

This product cycle, the one after that, and the one after that (and so on) will NOT have firewire. It's out.

12. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

If you wanted fast firewire the MB was never the computer you wanted. F400 is not fast at all. You would have wanted F800. Good thing Apple sells a MB clone that looks exactly the same as the MB, will do a better job, and just for a bit more. Go buy one. Or even get the low end MB or a refurb old MB. Still has the slow F400 for you.

13. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

The word you were looking for is "fan boys". :p

14. svndmvn Guest

everyone is angry about firewire missing in new Macbooks so you won't get any sympathy for complaining, does it make any sense?
    anyway, if you need and like macs, and don't have the money for a new Macbook Pro,buy a refurb or a used one,if an old Macbook won't satisfy your needs because of the Graphics..
    no need to argue with apple for it's decisions, don't buy, wtf..
    Apple pretty much introduced Firewire and the new pros are one of the very few portables with FW800,right?

15. Bwilky macrumors regular

Your a Douche. Do your research next time. You really have no right to call anyone idiots, or morons when you made the spelling mistake and people just responded to it.