OS X Dissemble and Assemble to GAMING Laptop

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ValidName, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ValidName macrumors newbie

Pure curiosity (also didn't research about this).

I was just wondering if it is possible to dissemble Mac book Pro and place custom parts into the laptop to increase the performance.

I know it might not be possible since I heard Mac book laptops use their own special parts such as motherboards so I can't install different motherboard.

So please people clear if I am wrong! And do not mock but help me solve out the problem!!!

2. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

It's probably possible by someone with a lot of experience in it, but then again, that person wouldn't be asking and would probably build something specific.

If you wanted to just go out and buy parts and place them in the laptop, then no, you won't be able to and even if you're able to squeeze them in somehow, the thermals would turn ugly

I am supposing you're asking about putting a better GPU in your MBP since you're asking in the gaming forum and not the MBP forum. I don't think it will fit, and you would fry it.

3. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

In a word, no.

Even if it were possible, the thermal design of the MacBook Pro and its underpowered power supply would prohibit the use of high-power CPUs (Intel XM series) and GPUs (GeForce GTX 780M, Radeon 8970M).