Distance to sit away from 27" iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Nandifix, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Hi, I have a desk that is currently around 60cm in depth. What distance would you recommend for a 27" iMac or would you suggest the 21.5" iMac? Thanks!

2. leman macrumors 604

The one you are confortable with. Really, its as simple as that. You do realize that your question cannot be answered objectively?

But if you must have a number: my distance to 27" iMac was around 70-80 cm.

3. johnmacward macrumors regular

johnmacward

Do you read newspapers, ebooks, phone screens - I assume you do. Why don't you ask us the same question about these? What's the need to know a definitive other than what works for you, your sight and comfort.

4. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I have a desk that measures 30" deep X 66" wide. Actually it is an antique mahogany desk/table from a courthouse. It's a table that lawyers and defendants sat at during trial.

Anyway I sit my 27" iMac at an angle in one corner of the desk and just sit where I am comfortable. I am no more away from it than the middle of the desk area but often times I am a bit further away, and even closer.

Depends on what I am doing.

5. DeF46 macrumors regular

You should be able to at least extend your arm in front of you before touching the screen.

6. PaulKemp macrumors 6502

That desk sounds awesome! :)

7. omvs macrumors 6502

I'm about 2 feet away (60cm) from a 30" display, and my home setup using a 27" iMac is about the same. So your desk would be plenty deep enough for me.

Are you keeping the keyboard on the desk? I find the iMac display a bit low for having the keyboard in front on the same surface -- works great with a keyboard tray though, which also pushes me back an extra foot from the desk, and makes the depth issue less critical.

As others state though, it all comes down to individual comfort. I think you'll have enough range to make it work...