distorted and flashing images on websites and Mail

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PennCentralFan, Mar 25, 2016.

1. PennCentralFan macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

I have an issue with my 2011macbook pro. When I look at some websites pictures on the site appear all crazy and distorted. I also notice this using the Mail app. When I reply to someone using my yahoo or aol account I can't see anything instead in the email reply all I see are distorted and flashing pictures making it impossible to to reply. In Mail the pictures are from websites I have visited.

It's like theres something wrong with my graphic card or something has made things goofy.

2. JTToft, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016

JTToft macrumors 68040

Is it a 13" as per your signature? If so, the video issues above don't apply.

Do the distortions happen only in specific applications, only in specific places on the screen, or does it appear to be completely random? Does it appear in screenshots (if so, the problem is software, not hardware)?

Post some photos of it so we can get a better idea.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I wonder if this is related to the "corrupt Quick Look" problem I experienced once. OP: Google that phrase and see if the images are similar.

What OS version are you running?

4. PennCentralFan thread starter macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

I am running El Capita 10.11.2. Yes it is the 13". This happens in Mail and in Safari. I will open like Huffington Post and one of the pictures will be totally distorted. In mail I won't even be able to answer in that the window fills with distorted pictures that I have viewed on safari.

The images will have scattered and distorted images. I only see it in Mail and in Safari on certain webpage.

5. JTToft macrumors 68040

- Sounds like a software issue to me which would be solved by an OS X reinstallation on top of your existing one.

But to be sure, could you determine for us whether or not it appears in screenshots (hit Cmd + Shift + 3 and look on your Desktop), as well as post a photo of it?

6. PennCentralFan thread starter macrumors regular

PennCentralFan

Thanks for the help. I updated to El Capitan 10.11.4 and it seems to have solved the problem, but I will let you know if I still have the same problem.