"Distraction Free Mode"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thebmall, Sep 20, 2016.

1. thebmall macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have somewhat of a goofy question, but here goes: I love the idea of putting my iPhone on some sort of "distraction free' mode. Something that will NOT connect to the internet, use data, or receive text messages. BUT, WILL receive any incoming phone calls. The idea that if it's an emergency, someone will call.

Often times if I'm trying to get work done, I find myself checking my phone for Facebook or texts, etc. and I'm trying to figure out a way of still being reachable for emergencies.

It seems like "Do not disturb" still allows text messages (and data I think?)

2. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Turn off cellular data. Settings -> Cellular. Now this will allows texts, but not iMessage or MMS.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Do Not Disturb can only allow calls (and only if you set it up to do so and can pick who it is that would go through or perhaps or all calls or repeated calls).

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Do not disturb by default doesn't allow anything. It can be modified to allow VIPs' calls.

I think DND plus the suggested action in post #3 would accomplish what you're wanting.

Perhaps self-control/self-discipline is a better suggestion though.