Disturbing "Download" icon appears regularly!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ardenlester00, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ardenlester00 macrumors newbie

Hello again,

Starting a couple months ago a disturbing "icon" started turning up on almost every screen - usually something that can be downloaded - graphics, each e-mail, etc.

I'm not sure if I can attach anything here so I will try to describe it.

It's a small rectangle with an arrow pointing downward into what looks like an "in box") and it says, "Download". When I try clicking it a pop-up comes up (from Firefox "stuff") that says, "The address wasn't undrstood. Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (isytd) isn't associated with any program. You might need to install other software to open this address."

I have removed all "Download" add-on software from my hard drive - to no avail.

ps (I can't seem to import the image into this thread.

I hope I made sense of what I'm trying to describe. I sure need help - it interferes with the menu line of Firefox menu, etc.

Thank you,

Dennis hooker

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Have you tried attaching the image to a post, using Manage Attachments. Like so:

Attached Files:

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Hit cmd+shift+4 and draw a rectangle around the area where this icon is showing up. The resulting screenshot will, by default, be saved to your desktop. You can then come back here and post it using "advanced" view which includes the "manage attachments" button.