Disturbing find...keychain

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Sword86, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Sword86 macrumors member

I just went into my keychain to find the password I've set so I can connect an Android device I have to my home WiFi.
    I saw all the wireless networks around me and was able to see all their network log in passwords.
    I figure if I can see theirs, they ought to be able to see mine in their keychain if they have Macs.
    If they run Windoze machines is there a thing similar to the keychain on our Macs?

Are there any steps I can take to prevent others from seeing my network password, the way I saw theirs?
    I am also assuming that's all they can see, right? And only when I'm on my WiFi, correct?

Wow, that's scary. Geez.

2. Sword86 thread starter macrumors member

Nevermind......I just went back in and tried to match up a bunch of networks I could currently see with what was in my keychain. I've decided my prior 'discovery' was just blowing smoke. I think what I found in my keychain were networks I've used in the past where keychain keeps the log-in passwords so my Mac can automatically hit the network again the next time I try. I feel a lot better now. Whew.

3. sunfire7 macrumors member