Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrd

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
New Jersey
If one of the Apple stores near me has the MacBook Pro in stock, do you think it would be worth cancelling my Apple Store online order and purchasing one at a retail shop? Does the Apple Store refund quickly? My order still says its destined to arrive on April 6th, which is far too long a wait if there's one sitting in a back room relatively close by.

Is the hassle of getting a refund worth it?

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Do you need it badly...then go for it...if you don't bother the work then don't.......

dont24

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2005
Northeast
If it hasn't shipped yet, shouldn't be too much of a problem canceling your order. If the local Apple store has what you're looking for in stock, go for it.

asencif

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2005
nrd said:
If one of the Apple stores near me has the MacBook Pro in stock, do you think it would be worth cancelling my Apple Store online order and purchasing one at a retail shop? Does the Apple Store refund quickly? My order still says its destined to arrive on April 6th, which is far too long a wait if there's one sitting in a back room relatively close by.

Is the hassle of getting a refund worth it?

Has your credit card been charged yet? Most of the time the online store just puts some sort of pre-charge verification, but doesn't actually draw out the funds till the item has shipped. If they haven't and you don't need a CTO system then go for it. Of course check to see it they have it at the Apple Stores near you. Sometimes is better to just show up as they are not always accurate on the phone with what they have.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
They don't charge until the item ships out. You would be fine cancelling the order and getting it through the apple store direclty. I did this with an iPod once and I no problems.

nrd

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
New Jersey
Chrispy said:
They don't charge until the item ships out. You would be fine cancelling the order and getting it through the apple store direclty. I did this with an iPod once and I no problems.

Oh, they billed my card. That's why I'm a little upset that the wait is roughly a month.

gco212

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2004
Philadelphia
nrd said:
Oh, they billed my card. That's why I'm a little upset that the wait is roughly a month.

Then, unless I'm very mistaken, they haven't actually billed your card. I think it's illegal to bill until they're actually ready to ship it. They just place a hold on the money so that they're sure you actually have room on your card to pay them.

Amuraivel

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2006
I just cancelled my MBP 2.0 7200rpm order.

The wait was just too long, especially when I did not have my have my heart sold on that beast.

I am still waiting for a MBP 13.3......The 12" is the reason I switched to Apple--the smallest, bestest lil' book of 'em all.

And if they are going to ship right before April, I might as well wait until April 1st the company's anniversary. It seems like all companies IBM, Sony are all having trouble delivering until end of March.

If I can find a T60 or SZ160 for the less than the price of an Academic MBP--I'll be all over it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.