Ditch and Switch, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nrd, Mar 4, 2006.

  1. nrd macrumors member

    Mar 8, 2005
    New Jersey
    If one of the Apple stores near me has the MacBook Pro in stock, do you think it would be worth cancelling my Apple Store online order and purchasing one at a retail shop? Does the Apple Store refund quickly? My order still says its destined to arrive on April 6th, which is far too long a wait if there's one sitting in a back room relatively close by.

    Is the hassle of getting a refund worth it?
  2. Platform macrumors 68030


    Dec 30, 2004
    Do you need it badly...then go for it...if you don't bother the work then don't.......
  3. dont24 macrumors regular

    Jan 17, 2005
    If it hasn't shipped yet, shouldn't be too much of a problem canceling your order. If the local Apple store has what you're looking for in stock, go for it.
  4. asencif macrumors 6502

    Dec 21, 2005
    Has your credit card been charged yet? Most of the time the online store just puts some sort of pre-charge verification, but doesn't actually draw out the funds till the item has shipped. If they haven't and you don't need a CTO system then go for it. Of course check to see it they have it at the Apple Stores near you. Sometimes is better to just show up as they are not always accurate on the phone with what they have.
  5. Chrispy macrumors 68020


    Dec 27, 2004
    They don't charge until the item ships out. You would be fine cancelling the order and getting it through the apple store direclty. I did this with an iPod once and I no problems.
  6. nrd thread starter macrumors member

    Mar 8, 2005
    New Jersey
    Oh, they billed my card. That's why I'm a little upset that the wait is roughly a month.
  7. gco212 macrumors 6502

    Jul 21, 2004
    Then, unless I'm very mistaken, they haven't actually billed your card. I think it's illegal to bill until they're actually ready to ship it. They just place a hold on the money so that they're sure you actually have room on your card to pay them.
  8. Amuraivel macrumors member

    Jan 31, 2006
    I just cancelled my MBP 2.0 7200rpm order.

    The wait was just too long, especially when I did not have my have my heart sold on that beast.

    I am still waiting for a MBP 13.3......The 12" is the reason I switched to Apple--the smallest, bestest lil' book of 'em all.

    And if they are going to ship right before April, I might as well wait until April 1st the company's anniversary. It seems like all companies IBM, Sony are all having trouble delivering until end of March.

    If I can find a T60 or SZ160 for the less than the price of an Academic MBP--I'll be all over it.

Share This Page