Ditch Snitch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by D8mac, May 12, 2009.

1. D8mac macrumors newbie

I downloaded the demo for little snitch. I can't get rid of it. Since unintalling it network programs no longer work. How do I ditch the snitch? If you were thinking of getting this don't horrible program.

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

check the installer package that you downloaded. i think that the uninstaller is in there too

3. waffles123 macrumors regular

I had the same problem. You have to use the uninstaller, and THEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. They forgot to mention that ;)

4. Halcyon macrumors 6502

Little Snitch is a program with one thing in mind and only one thing, to have control over outgoing communications from your computer...and it does this very well.

I'm sure the majority of user are people who download software from the net and illegally install them in their machines...others have a very useful and legal use of it to control/troubleshoot communications on a network.

Just because you couldn't uninstall the software those not merit qualifying it as a "horrible program". While on that, I doubt the maker of Little Snitch will purposely try to steer people into being unable to uninstall the software, when the vast majority of users are mostly "savy" computer users.

My 2 cents...

Usual disclaimer...I don't have stock or participation in the making of Little Snitch...I'm just a very satisfied user who has found this program to be extremely useful in troubleshooting network glitches at work.

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Halcyon -> +1

OP - 10 seconds of Googling would have given you the process to use to uninstall the program...just because you don't know what you're doing, and are too lazy to look for the proper way to do it, doesn't make the program "horrible"

6. Locoweed macrumors member

+1

Likely did not read any instructions, could not figure out what was going on and could not uninstall it.