Divinity Original Sin 2 finally coming to Mac!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by wubsylol, Oct 30, 2018.

1. wubsylol, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018

wubsylol macrumors 6502

https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...edition-coming-to-mac-devices-early-next-year

I suspected this was teased last Halloween with the spooky looking picture of an apple Larian posted on their Twitter feed (they posted the same picture again this today), so people kinda were expecting it, but it's now confirmed that Divinity Original Sin 2 is coming to Macs next year!

The port is being done by Elverils, who I've honestly never heard of (apparently they did the port of the first game), but extra exciting is that the game is apparently being ported with assistance from the Metal Engineering Team inside Apple.

2. Paulyboy macrumors 6502

I was starting to wonder if the Mac version of this would ever come out so this is great news. The most surprising part of it is Apple's involvement in it. They seem to do something like this with a Mac game every so often as a showcase of what their latest hardware and software is capable of. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is bright and colorful and has been universally lauded as one of the best RPG's of recent years so this time I think they made a particularly good choice.

My only question though is what Mac could actually take advantage of the "first ever Mac game with HDR support" feature? I've been under the impression that my 27 inch 5K 2017 iMac doesn't support true HDR for various reasons. Am I missing something or misinformed?

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

You could always hook up your computer to an external monitor that supports HDR - or a TV, for that matter.