Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
My PS3 has DivX capabilities and this makes transferring videos to my PS3 soooo much easier. I don't have to convert videos anymore.

Will the ipod touch ever get these capabilities? Sure would cut down on the time all of us waste on converting our videos.

Just wondering, it's really not a huge issue but sure would be nice

ebel3003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
"The Google"
With it being hacked, I think it's possible that someone will engineer a QT decoder for the iPod touch eventually. As for being standard on the touch, I doubt it will be introduced as a feature anytime soon. Perhaps if we're lucky, we'll be able to grab the component on the iTunes store when the SDK becomes available. If so, Apple will probably find a way to charge for it and people will undoubtably buy it.

stark2051

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2007
I don't see why Divx themselves wouldn't write a divx/xvid app just for the iphone/ipod touch. They make a free player for macs right now, I just assumed they would do it for these devices too. I hope they do, I don't want to pay to watch videos i can already watch on my mac at home. That would make me a sad panda.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.