DIY 6 plus blurry camera fix?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vadendiesel, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Vadendiesel macrumors newbie

Vadendiesel

in the serial number range of bad rear camera on my 6 plus. Won't focus, camera useless.
    Apple won't repair due to screen replacement by unauthorized dealer. So, is it repairable by buying an oem camera off amazon or eBay and replacing it myself? Or is it more detailed than that? Any help .. Absolutely any advice ... Is appreciated!

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Try asking for a manager. I didn't think it was legal for a manufacture to void a warranty, they can only refuse service if an unauthorized repair caused damage to a component that the user is trying to get service. Since it's unlikely that a screen repair would interfere with the camera in any way, you will probably be able to get it fixed.

3. Vadendiesel thread starter macrumors newbie

Vadendiesel

Thanks for that. I live 2.5 hours away from an Apple Store. Went to an authorized service center locally to get the phone sent to apple for the screen and camera replacement, but was called back to the store shortly after drop off and was told Apple wouldn't fix the screen due to the phone being bent. And my hand raised, the phone looks straight as an arrow. And due to them not being able to fix the screen, I'd have to send it to a reputable unauthorized screen repair company to fix the screen. Which would then, of course, void the warranty and render me unable to send it to Apple to repair the camera.
    So, I've my phone back. Screen repaired perfectly. But leaving me still camera gimped.
    Sounds like my remedy is drive 2.5 hours to the Apple Store to see if maybe they'll take care of the recall on the camera. Or hope the eBay oem camera ($20) will do the trick. Oh, or per the authorized service center, pay around $359 for Apple to fix the camera.
    I swear, I don't want to go to a moto g. But sounding like I may have to.