Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
So i want to take my iPhone underwater in my pool and take some cool pictures/videos.

I tried to google around for a case like this but all of it is always covering the camera.

Anyone?

Thanks

Ethan

xcutter

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
So i want to take my iPhone underwater in my pool and take some cool pictures/videos.

I tried to google around for a case like this but all of it is always covering the camera.

Anyone?

Thanks

Ethan

Ziplock Freezer Bag

Comment

Kim Sux

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010

Anyone?

Thanks

Ethan

I think that's a great idea. Just put it inside of a freezer ziplock back and you'll be fine.

Comment

claud9999

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2007

Anyone?

Thanks

Ethan

I used a "dive bag" (like $5 at the local dive shop) to great effect. They're heavy-duty triple-sealed ziplock-like bags. Trick is to take pictures with the camera through the bag, but I was able to get it to work sometimes by creating an air gap between the bag and the screen, then mashing the screen. Got a number of great pics tho'! Might be a good reason to get camera software that takes pictures every N seconds so you need not touch the display to take the pics.

Comment

jay2spy

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2011
NC
Heat seal a zip lock baggy

I once bought a small bag sealer similar to the vacuum sealer only hand held about 3 inches by 1.5 inches. You could use it to seal the baggy rather than using the zipper. Bet this would work.

Comment

bibbz

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
I use zip lock bags on my phone in my pool every year. Hangin out on a floatie browsing the net. It gets dropped from time to time and never gets inside the bag. Buy quality bags and youll be fine.

The touchscreen will not under water through the bag though. It'd be a great time for Camera+ or that other app that lets you sue the volume button to take the pic.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.