DIY (maybe not) iPhone call recorder

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by applephysci, Aug 21, 2009.

1. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

looks pretty complicated! there has to be an easier way

2. rocketboy1982 macrumors newbie

Not that hard

Hello, I'm the author of the post (thanks to the OP for linking to it here). It's actually not that hard to make if you have basic soldering skills and can follow my schematic. What was hard was figuring out how to hook everything up so that it worked, but since all that's done then it would be easy to replicate.

I agree that there has to be an easier way but I could not find one. The obvious solution would be an app. Perhaps this isn't the right place to give Apple a hard time but I doubt that they will ever allow an app. that records phone calls the same way this device does (both sides, no notification beep, etc.). In any case from my understanding it's not even possible to write an app. that will record calls because of the way the iPhone operates when in a call.

If you really interested in having one drop me a line adam [at] awaitinginspiration.com and I could see about making you one for the cost of parts plus a bit for my time.

If you have any questions let me know - comment on the post, e-mail me, or reply to this thread.

Adam