DIY WiFi iTunes Store (Not An Announcement!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sanford, Sep 22, 2007.

1. sanford macrumors 65816

Okay, it dawns on me this afternoon that all the time a group of, almost to a man/woman, pretty intelligent and skilled, although disagreeing, individuals have spent on these forums debating unlocks, hacks, reasons for firmware delays, and the interrelation thereof, we could have probably put our heads together and developed our own freaking WiFi iTunes Music Store. Probably could have done it Web 2.0 through Safari, too, not even violating non-native applications standards.

I'd laugh if it weren't so pitiful, really.

;)

2. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

I'd like to hear how! It isn't so easy, the iTunes store currently only loads inside iTunes, there is no other way to access it, even on a computer. as for downloading the files, accessing the account, authorizing purchases etc, its all locked to apple, and until they launch the iphone version of the music store, there is no way.

3. aimfire macrumors regular

aimfire

Uhh, I don't get it... what would be the point? :confused:

Wifi iTunes store is not exactly a big feature that everyone has been clamoring about... and Apple's own version will be out within a week.

4. sanford thread starter macrumors 65816

It was really just a joke, some levity amongst all the slings and arrows. But there is a small group of us for which the WiFi Store is by far the most-wanted feature. But, yeah, it's not very many of us.

5. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

i dont care about a wifi music store, whats he point i dont buy anything from itunes

6. sanford thread starter macrumors 65816

If you, ahem... I say, ahem... buy all your music and video on physical media like CD or various flavors of SD and HD DVDs, then of course the WiFI Store has no appeal for you. Like opening a Wal-Mart next your apartment building, but you refuse to shop at Wal-Mart. Big deal.