Diztronic iPhone 5 case! Anyone have it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by YungMoola94, Sep 27, 2012.

1. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had the Diztronic. iPhone 5 case. Pictures would be greatly appreciated thank you!

2. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Surprised they made an iPhone case since they're mostly Android. Ordered one from Amazon today. Have it on both my Galaxy Nexus and Note. Love these cases.

BTW... Amazon has some pretty nice customer pics.

3. kineticman macrumors newbie

Great case

Fits great - cheap - not too big. Highly recommended..

4. speciald14 macrumors newbie

+1

5. JustCrusin macrumors member

Awesome case. Thin profile and fits like a glove. Highly recommend.

6. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Mine shipped out today from AZ... I'll post some pics once it comes in.

7. YungMoola94 thread starter macrumors regular

Just received mine today! I can honestly say its probably one of the best cases I have owned. I have tried LOTS of cases for my 4s. I just wish the case came in a translucent color other than that its perfect. Everything feels great buttons etc.. and also the back is Superb because of the matte finish.

8. illmatic41 macrumors member

I just received this case today. Extremely impressed even though I was already impressed with their Galaxy Nexus case purchased last year. Makes the 5 about as thick as a naked 4/4S, which is how I carried those phones. Diztronic comments on their Amazon reviews and apparently this is a new flash mold design for them. It was made in the same factory that Incipio made their NGP cases in(I have that case too, but found it too thick and used it for only a week). For 12 bucks this case is better than cases that are double its price. I hope for a matte tranlucent gray case in the future.

9. lordhamster macrumors 6502

Had one for my galaxy nexus. Great to hear they are making it for ip5

10. KelteN macrumors newbie

Just got mine today in black and so far so good. It's very slim and fits perfectly. My only wish is that it had a little more grip to it.

I also installed Sir Lancelot's Armor - Anti-Glare screen protector.

11. Derek87 macrumors 6502

Total thickness?

Can one of you guys measure the thickness of the phone with the case on? Thanks!

12. illmatic41 macrumors member

Around 9.8 mm from the lip to the back. The lip is very minimal, so it helps keep the phone's thin profile. If you are used to going naked with the 4 or 4S, it feels just about the same, but more grippy.

13. Derek87 macrumors 6502

Thx. Seems about identical to the belkin sheer grip I bought. Nice. I may have to order myself one of these then!

14. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

hmmm the frost looks good for the white...

tempting.

Currently using Poetic Atmosphere.

15. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Does the lip on the front of this case actually overlap onto the glass? I know that it has a lay on the table design but I don't want anything that actually overlaps onto the glass.

16. wolve macrumors regular

It has a slight overlap onto the glass. I bought this case after another MR poster recommended it to me, and think it's an excellent case for the price. If you are looking for something super thin though, this is not the case to get.

17. TLewis macrumors 65816

Huh?

• While the lip does overlap, it's not much. It definitely does NOT cover any part of the visible display, the edges of which are probably another 2+mm away from the lip.
    • While it's not thin, it's not thick, either. Total case thickness (with the iPhone) is probably a tiny fraction over 0.4 inches.
    • The flexible plastic isn't terribly grippy, but it's not slippery, either. It probably feels as grippy as a handheld calculator. If you're klutzy, you might not want to get this.
    • I think it fits the iPhone 5 really well.
    • Like all cases of this type, it doesn't provide any drop protection (I got it as a temporary case for scratch protection).
    • Like most cases of this type, the headphone jack is just big enough for connectors that are the same size that Apple uses. If you have headphones with a larger plastic housing (the part that is OUTSIDE of the iPhone), you'll need to use something like a 1st-gen iPhone headphone adapter.
    • At under US$12, I think it's a great deal.

18. floss macrumors regular

Anyone using front + back protectors with this case? Does it fit well? I just ordered one of these Diztronics and I have already installed an SGP screen protector, and have a Best Skins Ever back protector sitting on my desk. I'm wondering if the fit will be too tight if I apply the back protector.

19. popozao macrumors newbie

Does anyone have a picture of what the front of the phone looks like with this case?

(That's the one frustrating thing I've noticed in case-shopping. No one posts the front of the phone! Sometimes I just want to see if/how big the lip is, does it cover any part of the screen, does it look like the material will scratch or come off easily, etc!)

20. TLewis macrumors 65816

While there aren't any pictures, most of your questions are answered above. As for scratchability, which won't be answered by a picture, it's plastic -- plastic scratches. Because the finish is matte, it won't show micro/tiny scratches, though.

21. popozao macrumors newbie

Thanks! I saw your answer, but sometimes I just want to see what it looks like :). I still think it's weird that the companies selling the cases don't show it from all angles.

22. TLewis macrumors 65816

Well, unless you have some unusual steampunk or leather case, the front view is pretty boring. For the diztronic, you've got maybe a 1mm overlap, with another uncovered 2+mm to the edge of the viewable iPhone 5 display. The fit is pretty snug, but still comes off easily.

OK, here's a cruddy low quality pic. Black iPhone 5, black diztronic case.

Attached Files:

23. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I have the black Diztronic too. A nice "medium protection" case. Way more protective than a Feather, but not as bulky as a Candyshell type. Fit is super. Most of it is a very nice matte finish.

Minor esthetic quibbles of mine . . . I would have liked the plastic of the overlap (on the top) to be matte instead of shiny. And I would have liked the sides to be flat instead of slightly radiused. But overall this is a really nice fitting case.

And a BIG plus to me. It is not hard to put on and take off.

24. deyjavoo macrumors member

love this case

I don't know if these pics will do this case justice for how slim it is, but I can tell you it is slimmer than the Griffin Reveal posted above as I had both in my possession earlier.

[​IMG]

The buttons work great no problems there and aesthetically I think this case is winning, especially the cool little volume button.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's really as close to stealthy as the phone itself.

25. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Yes, I have it... great case. Simple and elegant. Only bad part is that the headphone jack port is a bit small if you have headphones with large 3.5mm connectors (usually older headphones).

----------

I personally like the shiny top. Aesthetically it matches the screen's shine perfect, if it was matte it would look out of place.