DJ Hero Demo at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Oct 13, 2009.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I just noticed a DJ Hero demo stand set up at Best Buy and couldn't resist a try. The DJ stand seems pretty solid, and the turntable is nice and... 'spinny'. I played through 2 mixes on medium. At first I didn't have any idea of what I was doing, and probably should have tried the tutorial, but I slowly caught on. It seems pretty good. I still haven't bought any of these plastic fake music games but I think I might end up getting this. :D

2. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I'll hopefully be getting the Renegade Edition, for the Stand/Case, when i have the money.

Need a Reason to buy this Game? - Daft Punk.

3. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I wonder if I'll have money for DJ Hero when it comes out! I might have to wait a while, just to keep some spending money around.... But I'm usually not that patient :(

4. pcypert macrumors 6502

This one is particularly sad to me, because today with modern equipment and technology one could be a real DJ (or at least firmly on their way) in the time it'd take to master this game. With digital files and mixers with BPM beat matching is easier than it was when I learned...

I mean with guitar hero it'd take an average player years before they could handle those songs...

it's all been said before I'll just shut up, but it just seems sad.

Paul

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm very tempted to buy this just for the thought of scratching to some Run DMC, beastie boys and other old school rap.

How does the controller work because it looks like the buttons are on the record and it might be hard to press them in when your spinning the record.

Bless

6. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hmm, I tried it again, and maybe it's just to hard to spend $120 on :\

7. macfan881 macrumors 68020

its Pretty cool I Downloaded the soundtrack today played it in best buy last night for the first time and i do have to say The Cant touch this VS Ice Ice Baby is awsome now some one needs to add ninja Rap on to it :D