DJ Mixer for Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JianXiu1978, Apr 6, 2010.

1. JianXiu1978 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am new here and I am seeking advices for Itouch applications:

I am looking for a application that allows me to cross-fade music in a smooth transition e.g. I am now playing Music A (channel 1) while Music B (the channel 2) and I slowly cross-fade from Music A to B (from channel 1 to channel 2). If you are not sure what I mean, I have a PC program that works like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ulp6eGu2Uw

Does anyone know of any application in Itouch that has a similar function?

Thanks!

2. "GeorgeE" macrumors newbie

I too, am looking for an app like this. I've only had a quick look, as my ipod touch is still in the mail, but there must be something out there. The Itunes Store has virtually minimal results, but google had a few, When i get the device, i'll have another look. :)

Go Virtual DJ :)

3. JianXiu1978 thread starter macrumors newbie

[QUOTE="GeorgeE";9601954]I too, am looking for an app like this. I've only had a quick look, as my ipod touch is still in the mail, but there must be something out there. The Itunes Store has virtually minimal results, but google had a few, When i get the device, i'll have another look. :)

Go Virtual DJ :)[/QUOTE]

Don't think Virtual DJ cannot work in Itouch......

I saw Djay Remote in the Itune store, but dunno whether it works as well as Virtual DJ in PC/Mac?

http://www.djay-software.com/accessories/remote

By the way, I heard that user must install DJay 3 on a MAC before installing DJay 3 on the Itouch/Iphone..... is it true? *sucks because I don't own a mac*

4. "GeorgeE" macrumors newbie

yet to find anythning of any real value...

best i have found so far is My DJ Free. I'm only looking for free apps though.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-dj-free/id364531995?mt=8

Edit: i believe the paid app has a settings menu, as the free one i have dosent, this might explain why it is only playing a short part of any paticular song.

As for Djay Remote, i'd think it requires the mac to be running the software, so the ipod can access music in itunes/computer through wi-fi, which means that it isn't really a portable system, more for home use.

yeah, theres a lot of good mac-only software out there, you could always pirate someting...

5. Gudus macrumors newbie

Hey guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm the developer of My DJ (and My DJ Free), and I just now happened to stumble upon this thread.

Due to the new frameworks in iOS 4.0, crossfade is now possible to implement into apps, and the full version of my app now has that capability with the most recent update.

As for it playing only a random part of any particular song, that's basically the core functionality of My DJ (a shuffle through your own music), but in the full version, there is an option to always play the full song.