DJ Mixes and Live Sets coming to Apple Music?!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by robbysibrahim, Jul 26, 2018.

1. robbysibrahim macrumors regular

robbysibrahim

I just got notified on both my iOS 12b4 devices about a new Apple Music section: DJ Mixes and Sets! I had to go to my iPad to get these shots because when I cleared it from my iPhone I couldn't browse back to this section. Is this new? Is this a shot at SoundCloud?

IMG_0030.PNG

Attached Files:

2. bumbo macrumors regular

bumbo

This definitely needs more traction/focus from AM & Spotify (a genre page or landing area). Mixes have been on Spotify for a while now - Defected and Glitterbox albums spring to mind, where the album is on there track-by-track but it's also there as a mix.

Live sets seem to be a new thing though and hopefully will become a bigger focus.

If royalties etc are sorted out automatically this could really hurt SoundCloud/MixCloud... unless someone gets their wallet out?!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2018 ---
    I am a DJ so I'm wondering if there's anything preventing me from setting an account up with MixBank and uploading mixes? If the royalties/copyright side of things is done automatically this opens up a whole new (exciting, but also potentially really messy) world...

3. brandscill macrumors 6502

Can you share the section?

4. robbysibrahim thread starter macrumors regular

robbysibrahim

I can neither navigate back to the section nor do I think there's a share sheet option in case that's what you mean. I really wish I could! I originally arrived at it directly by actioning the notification and not by Browse.

5. robbysibrahim thread starter macrumors regular

robbysibrahim

The new section is live this week. Without much fanfare, it seems to merely be a new genre, a way to filter continuous mixes rather than a Soundcloud type creators area.

On a related note, I have enjoyed the new categories (albums, essentials, live sets, singles & eps etc) that have been added to an artists page. It's similar to how I organize my iTunes using the Grouping field.