Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iboi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Hello,

Can anyone help? my friends have a program called eJay Mix CD producer on Windows. It is really good at auto mixing tracks suing BMP with the ability to do manual override.

I would like to know if there is some similar software for OS X. I don' want anything to complicated I want the software to mix for me. It needs to be able to detect the BPM of a song and ideally use AAC.

Thanks
CJ

iboi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
anything else?

I tried the demo, had a bit of a play and could not work it out. want something that is real easy. Tried Ask the DJ but it not as good as this eJay software for Windows. Also need a BPM app to add that to iTunes.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
quigleybc said:
My buddy just got Serato Scratch by RANE....

good god is that sick software/hardware....

google it...it's amazing.

If he can't use Tracktor ... Serato is going to be too difficult.

iboi - try learning some actual DJ skills and your options will open up greatly. :) Have an iPod? Check this out.

peace | neut

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
neut said:
If he can't use Tracktor ... Serato is going to be too difficult.

iboi - try learning some actual DJ skills and your options will open up greatly. :) Have an iPod? Check this out.

peace | neut

Traktor does have a steep learning curve. But Serato is actually pretty easy, and it will teach beat matching and cue skills as well as regular vinyl. It's a pretty stripped down app, with not too many bells and whistles. Just instead of vinyl, you use mp3's and aiff's. So, although Traktor is not easy, (no NI apps are) I would say that Serato is pretty easy to get into, my buddy has only had a mac for a few months, and he was up and mixing that same night.

Damn, that iPod gizmo is pretty cool lookin..wonder how much $ it is.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
quigleybc said:
Traktor does have a steep learning curve. But Serato is actually pretty easy, and it will teach beat matching and cue skills as well as regular vinyl. It's a pretty stripped down app, with not too many bells and whistles. Just instead of vinyl, you use mp3's and aiff's. So, although Traktor is not easy, (no NI apps are) I would say that Serato is pretty easy to get into, my buddy has only had a mac for a few months, and he was up and mixing that same night.

Damn, that iPod gizmo is pretty cool lookin..wonder how much $ it is.

Yeah, but i'm assuming he has no vinyl experience ... Serato kinda requires that as it's your interface. If had vinyl i'd be all over Serato, but i'm a CDXer.

That iPod mixer is pretty cool; im sure it's an expensive toy though. :( Finally pitch shifting on your iPod! :D

peace | neut

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.