DJ software help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AppleDApp, Jul 12, 2011.

1. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

I decided I wanted to tryout mixing. So far I downloaded virtual DJ Home, Mixxx, and I am looking into DJay.

Which of the three has the best compatibility with hardware if I choose to buy any. Nicest integration and easiest to learn. I'm also looking for some tutorials on how to use them.

Any help is great thank you.

2. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Be careful because Virtual DJ Home (free version) only has limited hardware accessory support (i.e. doesn't support connecting to Microphone or DJ Decks), you'll have to pay $300 to get that feature.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

3. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

It really depends on what hardware you get. Like the previous poster said, virtualDJ has great integration, but you have to buy the full program (or torrent it or something). DJay has decent integration, but is not as customizable as virtualDJ. I would try out the different programs and see which one you like best and then go from there.

4. AppleDApp, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

AppleDApp thread starter macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

The 300$ price tag for Virtual DJ is not so attractive. I could torrent it but I want to avoid any issues with updates and what not. I guess I'll have to try all three and go from there.

For that price I could get DJay and vestax Spin

Does any of these software have a killer feature that the other ones don't have?

I've been using virtual DJ for a few hours now. it seems that external hardware is essential for pre cuing and tweaking settings quickly. in the free version of virtual dj, you have the video, mixer and scratch tab that you need to alternate between. With an external controller it's all there.

5. shmegal325i macrumors member

6. AppleDApp thread starter macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

What makes it great compared to another software? Do you external hardware as well?

7. B Gallagher macrumors regular

8. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

Djay +1, for the money it can't be beat and it supports most hardware.

9. AppleDApp thread starter macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

What hardware would you recommend for a novice? I looked at the vestax spin but the knobs seem abit cheap

10. CraigCyril macrumors newbie

DJ software

There are many sites which provide free DJ software; you can browse these sites first before buying.