djay App

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by twietee, Nov 25, 2014.

1. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/id411699771?mt=12

Anyone knows / uses it?

I want to create a mixtape for my buddies as a x-mas present and was wondering if that app is doing the job. I was messing around with Traktor back in the day and will have a look at FruityLoops at my cousins place but think they're too pro/complicated for what I need. With some tweakings iTunes gets pretty far as to simple 'mixing' (although very restricted). I just need to be able to record and be more free regarding fade in/outs.

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

3. twietee thread starter macrumors 603

twietee

Just had a quick look before and it seemed like it would focus on creating one track/Song (via multiple tracks..drums, vocal, etc.), more like Qbase.

So can I easily upload/import different mp3s (say 20) and arrange/mix them? That would be sufficent I think. Thanks PhoenixMac, will check it out more closely, and it isn't expensive as well. :)

4. futureworks7 macrumors newbie

Nice one to record..:)

5. Artimus12 macrumors 6502a

Artimus12

I have djay on my iPhone and whilst it's not bad for playing around with, I've always liked Virtual DJ on the laptop. day pro has in-app purchases too, so you don't get the full program for the initial outlay! and it's new so it's bound to have a few bugs to iron out.

Check it out: iTunes VirtualDJ Home

6. twietee thread starter macrumors 603

twietee

Thanks guys! Too late for my tape but will check it definitely out.

7. sim667 macrumors 65816

Traktor is cheap on the app store at the moment.