DJay??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MilkMan4, Jul 31, 2011.

1. MilkMan4 macrumors regular

so i just downloaded the free app Virtual DJ Home off the Mac App store and i like it. I was just wondering if anyone has this and DJay and thinks that Djay is worth the 25 dollars right now to get that over this free on if you will be doing some Djaying stuff on your computer???

2. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

I can definitely vouch for DJay. Can't tell you if it's better than your free app (it probably is since the other one is free) but DJay is an amazing app and I love it. I have it for Mac and iPad and it's definitely a good app to show off to friends to impress them. Just don't be a stupid 13 year old pretending like you're deadmau6 (that's what me and my friends call 'DJs' who think they're the next deadmau5 lol).

Just use it to create some chill songs and use it at parties. It's a powerful and easy to learn app.

3. MilkMan4 thread starter macrumors regular

well I'm new to Djaying but i can see myself spending a lot of my free time on it learning it and making some cool stuff, and I'm looking for some apps to use my $100 promo card on.
    So you think the 24.99 is worth it?

4. MilkMan4 thread starter macrumors regular

also, does this or any app take out the lyrics in any song?
    and vice versa

5. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

I definitely think it's worth it. Especially if you're new. It technically can cut out lyrics if you do it manually by hand but I'd recommend a different program for that. (kinda like MS paint vs photoshop, yes paint can technically edit photos but its not ideal) It can do loops though if that helps.

Another sick thing to check out is the spin deck. I'm trying to save up for one. It's a physical DJ deck that let's you spin and scratch records digitally. Here's a link:
    http://www.algoriddim.com/djay-mac/accessories/spin

6. MilkMan4 thread starter macrumors regular

what programs would do that?

and that looks pretty cool but i might save that for later if i stick with it and get good ;)

7. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Umm fruity loops is a good one. I might be the wrong person to ask for this question as I'm a recent Mac user, I've been using windows for 20 years and I don't know too many Mac apps for this

8. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

DJay has a nice integration with itunes. the Automix feature is good for parties. Just download the trial version and see for yourself. I don't know if and when they will boost the price for Djay I bought it friday when I bought lion. I haven't gotten around to importing my music back to itunes.