Djing on a Mac using a media play to organise files

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by J.Gough Music, Apr 13, 2011.

1. J.Gough Music macrumors newbie

Hey, I have been using iTunes to organise my DJ songs, rating each one then filing them in a set play list, then burn them to a disk to use on my CDJ's.
    This would be like; House, Electro, Trance, Drum and Bass etc.

Recently however, I have found that my music collection for DJing is increasing dramatically from when I started this method of organisation.
    This has led me to creating sub-list to further catagorise, such as;
    House - Minimal, Funky, Tribal, Progressive etc.

These sub lists are much smaller than my previous vague listings and therefore would be wasting too many disk's (as you need duplicates of each obviously)

This has then turned my attention to virtually DJing, however iTunes doesn't organise them into folders for you. . .
    Is there a quicker method in doing this or a better media player to use to combat this problem?

Thanks
    Josh

2. akswun macrumors regular

akswun

well if you decide to move to a DVS like Serato(Which I use) you won't need to burn all your tracks on cd's. And... serato keeps your iTunes playlists/smartplaylists in tact.

I remember the days when I used to help my friend dj weddings with CD's... Literally 5 large books with at least 2 copies of cd's back to back... that **** ain't light... neither was lugging around crates of vinyl.