Djs Hook MBP To Speakers Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theworstkids, May 27, 2008.

1. theworstkids macrumors newbie

I recently got the DJay application for my Macbook Pro and I think it's wonderful. Is there anyway to hook up my MBP to say, 5.1 speakers that I have with my TV? I read somewhere that all I need is a mini optical cable. Are there any other "Djs" out there with some advice on how to just basically have my MBP run loud enough for a party? I don't know if I can afford all these amplifiers, sound cards and actual speakers.

Thanks

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm confused about what you mean 5.1 speakers on your TV; are these speakers attached to your TV or are they a separate 5.1 set?

I'm no DJ, but to attach to your TV directly, if it has inputs for audio, it's likely they are just stereo, you get a 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable. If it's a speaker system attached to your TV, I would assume something must be acting as the amp which should have Digital Coax, Optical, or Stereo. If it's stereo, use the forementioned cable, if it's optical, just buy a mini-optical to Toslink optical cable; if it's Digital coax, you will need a Toslink to Coax converter box and their respective cables.

3. stsc13 macrumors newbie

I Dj with mine! we (me and my fellow dj) use 3.5 mini jack to RCA stereo leads, i can plug this into the back of my surround sound at home, then if i'm using it for a gig i have two RCA to full size jack converters to go into the mixer...

as for djing i'd deffo go for the cables above.