DJVU Files Disappeared in Stanza

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPagan, Jul 24, 2010.

1. iPagan macrumors regular

I transferred several DJVU books to Stanza, totaling about 3 to 4 gigs. The Stanza folder is located at the bottom of the "App" tab in iTunes. None of the DJVU books appeared in my iPad, and none of them are shown in the Stanza folder under the "App" tab in iTunes. But the SPACE is taken!? 3 to 4 gigs!

Now WHERE are the DJVU files/books!?

I need to get the space back, at the least!

Anyone could help?

Thanks!

2. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

Something similar just happened to me when I transfered movies to iPad; available disk space is reduced accordingly but files are not showing in app. Here's what I did. First do a power cycle. If that doesn't help connect to iTunes and resync. It did the trick for me and hopefully will work for you as well.

3. pekingli macrumors newbie

stanza does not really support djvu format, at least til now. When you transfer djvu to ipad using itunes, the file is stored first, then when you launch stanza, the app will convert the file into pdf for viewing.
    That explains why every djvu transfer takes much more time than a pdf or epub file.
    So if the djvu file contains bad data which generates error during decoding, stanza will quit.
    Check the capacity of ipad in itunes, you will find out the available space is even smaller than before, not only pdf files are larger than original djvu, but also crushed file will continue occupying disk space. Stanza does not know how to discard trash while quiting, which is a serious problem if you have to try loading many files again and again.

4. iPagan thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, thanks for the info! Did not see it earlier!

Do you have a DJVU reader app for iPad to recommend?

I have several DJVU books. I tried X DJVU and Easy DJVU reader, but they are for iPhone and iPod, not iPad. They do NOT support the native screen size of iPads.

Thanks very much for the info, btw.

5. Holden2011 macrumors newbie

After ios5 upgrade, the same problem

OK, so I upgraded my ipad2 to ios5
    As for everyone, my stanza too crashed.
    But that was not all. My going to Stanza folder at the bottom, only an inaccessible folder Inbox was available and all my 45 odd DJVU files disappeared
    However, they still seem to be taking up space in my Books Folder
    When I check the Books folder in itunes, it shows 1 GB more than what shows up under the Books for ibooks.

I deleted Stanza in sheer frustration but the space is still being taken up by those DJVU books, it seems, perhaps as this thread explains, in the PDF format.

is there ANY way to delete them and get the space back?