All iPads DL-ing previously purchased apps with no computer

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bigpoppamac31, Mar 19, 2013.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

Hey. I'm in the process of selling my Mac (due to financial issues. not cause I want to). But I've tossed around the idea of getting an iPad (likely Apple refurb). I'm just curious if once I have no Mac can I still download my previously purchased apps onto the iPad?? Can I just log into the App Store on the iPad and download them? I don't have or care for iCloud so this is why I ask.

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

The apps are tied to your apple ID so you can redownload via the appstore at anytime.

3. AngelOfSoul macrumors member

The Apple ID you used to purchase the app is automatically become your iCloud account, so don't worry about that. Just log in to the app store on your iPad then go to purchased tab and you'll see all of your apps listed there. Just tab the iCloud button to download directly on your iPad.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I know everyone has told you that you can download them again and they are correct, but if they are iMac or MacBook Apps they may not work on an iPad. Check you apps in the storefront to see if they will work.

5. AngelOfSoul macrumors member

Whoa.... Well, let me rephrase it:
    if you try to download iPad apps (that you usually downloaded to your mac then load it to your ipad via iTunes), it will work just fine.
    But if you try to install your old Mac Apps to your new ipad (because you think they are both the same platform) well, you got it wrong, Buddy! There's no way you can install Mac Apps to an iPad (you don't need to check to verify this information).

6. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah I'm talking about my iPad/iPhone apps. Not Mac apps.

7. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Forgot is was in iPad category. My bad.

8. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

For anyone who forget that there's a way to install apps other than Cydia, it's 'App Store -> Updates -> Previously purchased'.