Dlink-655 installation disc won't auto run

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dice-K, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Dice-K macrumors newbie

Dice-K

Hi everyone,

Just picked up a Dlink-655 router and I put the installation disk into my iMac and its not running, only the CD icon is on the desktop...so I don't know if I'm supposed to open the disk and choose a file to start running the installation, and if so, what file do I choose? Please let me know. Thanks!

Kelvin

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Have you read the manual? In almost ALL cases the CD is for Windows only. But again in nearly all cases the manual gives simple instructions for logging in via web browser to setup the router.

3. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Yes, you need to configure the router in your web browser. Just follow the instructions and type in the http:// address in Safari and that will get you into the web interface. Update the firmware first and then put in the rest of your settings....

4. Dice-K thread starter macrumors newbie

Dice-K

does it have to be hardwired to the router? I use a wireless connection cuz my computer is too far away from the router. I tried a wireless set up, and its asking me for the password and username of my current older dlink router which is not the one I want to set up. Please advise as to how to go about doing this wirelessly. Thanks!

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030