DLO Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fsujm, Jul 18, 2008.

1. fsujm macrumors newbie

Just received a DLO Hybrid Shell for my black phone and a DLO Video Shell for my wife's white phone. They are great cases! The screen protectors that come with the cases cover the full screen and go on so easily. The case is very tight but gives no indication it will scratch the iPhone. So far so good.

2. gmail macrumors member

Can you post up some photos? I ordered it on Monday and was bummed to find out that I won't get it until Wednesday! :(

Also, how does the included screen protector compare to something similar from PowerSupport Crystal Film?

3. macman4291 macrumors regular

4. fsujm thread starter macrumors newbie

I will work on getting some pictures up.

As for the screen protector I liked it a lot, very easy to get on with 0 air bubbles, took me all of 30 secs to install. Good quality. Resists smudges. I have never used PS though.

5. b8b macrumors newbie

I heard it mentioned that dirt can get under some places on the DLO case and it can scratch the phone over time... any thoughts on this?

Can you see through the screen protector well? I don't like the minimal (but noticeable to me) distortion from InvisibleShield.

6. fsujm thread starter macrumors newbie

I see some dirt near the bezel, but not a lot. I think some level of dirt or lint is just going to happen, and my guess is if any scratches do happen, it will be a lot less than if I didn't have the case. But that is just my opinion.

As for the screen protector, it is very clear. You really can't tell it is even there.

7. gmail macrumors member

Any chance of having some photos up soon? :)

8. gmail macrumors member

Avoid this junky case at all cost!

I just received the case in the mail and it was horribly packaged. It's simply the case with a saran wrap type of material over it, nothing else. etc. The case itself is really flimsy clear plastic, similar to what you'll find on eBay for $5-10 from Hong Kong. Additionally, the clasp mechanism to attach the 2 sides of the case is really pathetic. It's simply just a few prongs connecting the two sides together. If you were to drop the phone, the case would crack immediately and damage your phone. Regarding the ability to protect your phone from scratches, it would do a pretty bad job. The silicone/black dots on the back extend through the case and actually touch the rear of your phone. Dust trapped in between the area would cause your phone to scratch over time.

All in all, it's a horrible product and am already in the process of RMA'ing it. I'll just wait for the Contour Showcase that's coming out later in August.

9. iPhone3G macrumors member

Agreed

I agree with gmail. This case is garbage. It is very cheaply constructed, comes very poorly packaged, and is near impossible to remove.

The website shows a simple picture of inserting a coin to remove the face of the case. Well, the slot is not even in the same spot as the DLO site picture shows, and there is no mechanism inside this slot that would be affected in any way by inserting or spinning a coin whatsoever. I ended up prying it off with the tip of a key-chain object I had nearby, and was lucky to not damage the phone in the process.

Another major annoyance is that things will get caught just under the edges of the case quite often. You'll notice dust, specks, fuzz, crumbs, hairs, all kinds of things worming their way into your case with practically no conceivable way of clearing them other than to break your case off, lol.

Mine is now sitting in my garbage bin, and I'll be waiting until I find something more suiting.

10. b8b macrumors newbie

Thanks for letting us know, you saved me some $, time and effort!

I am leaning towards the SwitchEasy Rebel

11. snake101st macrumors regular

Wow thats a nice case! I wish they sold that for the regular iphone instead of just the capsule.