DMT Enterprise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kyllle, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Kyllle macrumors 6502

Is DMT Enterprise (dmtenterprise.com) a legit way to buy a Mac?
    They have the 2011 15s for $1650 (http://www.dmtenterprise.com/produc...book-pro-15-inch-2-0-ghz-quad-core-i7-laptop/), but I'm not sure if you will still get the 1 year of Apple Care with this.

I can't find anywhere if they are an authorized reseller, but if they aren't does that mean you don't get Apple's warranty?

They say that they are not responsible, and that only Apple's warranty applies, but I'm not sure if Apple will cover Macs from this website.

Thanks for your help

2. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

They are not listed on Apple as an authorized reseller. Its not worth the hassles, just buy from someone who is authorized.

3. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

I'd be very interested to know how they would know where you bought your computer.

4. Kyllle thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahh, thanks I was looking for that page. So does that mean that you don't get AppleCare?

And yeah I'm not sure how they know where you bought it, unless they require some kind of receipt.

5. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Who's to say that an unauthorized company isn't selling stolen computers? Ok, thats a bit of a stretch but we're only talking about saving $150 here. There's plenty of places to do that are authorized. So, why bother?

Besides, that place doesn't offer any warranty or return policy on it. If you bought it and needed an exchange you'd have to go to Apple. Their first question will be 'Please show us a copy of your receipt so we know when this was purchased.'.

6. Kyllle thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, thanks for the responses everyone!
    I'll probably either go with Amazon (no tax = ~150 saved) or refurbished from Apple.

7. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Best Wishes!