DND improvements?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by gambit75, Jun 4, 2018.

1. gambit75 macrumors newbie

Anyone that has 12 installed, can you check out if DND allows text msg to come through if they are on favorites and it's on. Or at least give the other person the "Urgent" option. I would at least like it to give you the "urgent" even if you are not driving and it's turned on like at bedtime.

2. gambit75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like I'm the only one that is curious if they finally added this?

3. Katjubu macrumors newbie

Works the same as before. Added my Google Voice number to favorites and that didn't change anything either.

4. gambit75 thread starter macrumors newbie

seriously so dumb!!! It's been since ios 9 that they should allow this!! How hard could it be to add the urgent now to it. Come on apple!!!!!

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Sounds like Apple doesn't see messaging as something important enough to bypass DND. Although certainly with the bypass they added to DND while driving, they could have certainly extended something like that to regular DND (or at least the DND while sleeping aspect of it).

There is the emergency bypass option that exists for contacts that can be enabled to let their calls and messages to go through DND, but unfortunately that doesn't only bypass DND but even the silent/vibrate switch too, which all that good.

6. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

There’s a setting for it in the Contacts app.
    6687DF02-3A58-4F83-B0D1-EB3D11152751.jpeg

7. gambit75, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018

gambit75 thread starter macrumors newbie

WOW never know that!!!! thanks!!!!!
    Wish it didn't play the sound when on vibrate but at least it's a start

8. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

Yeah. :/ but sadly this isn't a perfect world.

9. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

Oh wow that's good to know. What a weird place to have that setting. My mother-in-law is deaf and so a setting like this is very useful if she needs to contact us in the middle of the night with repeated texts for an emergency. My wife wakes up to that but I'm a deep sleeper.

10. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

It's enabled automatically when you add contacts to your favorites and set DND to allow calls from favorites.

11. SoYoung macrumors 6502a

I just hope in future beta release they’ll get rid of the new notification message each time do not disturb is enabled.

12. gambit75 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is true but not for text messaging, just for calls

13. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Although not quite given that with that calls would still respect the silent/vibrate switch setting, while with the bypass option calls and messaging would always have audible alerts even when the silent/vibrate switch is enabled.