DNS Configurations

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by JackieInCo, Oct 17, 2014.

1. JackieInCo macrumors 603

In the past I used to run a website on a Windows machine using Windows 2000 Server and never had an issue running it behind a router.

Now I have my DSL router and that goes into my AEBS. My Mac is then connected directly through ethernet to the AEBS.

I already have the domain name and it is currently running a website hosted on a commercial server. I would like to move that to my Mac and host it there.

OS X Server shows my IP as 192.168.0.23 which is of course internal and it does not see the outside IP. I am a bit confused here on how to set up my domain name on the server so that it uses my correct IP to connect. I've event most of the morning using Google but I'm not finding anything useful.

Thanks

2. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 603

I believe that I got it on my own. Just took some experimenting to figure it out. My domain now goes to my own server.

I already have MySql installed so now I just need to install my forum and import my data base. :D