Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linz1253

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
I have an old eMac that's running 10.2.4. I was told that I could connect my windows 7 laptop to my emac with an ethernet cable and share the internet connection. I have been sharing internet between my windows computers for a while and it works fine but i can't seen to make it work between windows and mac.

The IP address, subnet mask and router info come up right when I connect the computers. My laptop says MAC minibridge is connected. Whenever I try to connect to the internet it says cannot connect to server. So I'm thinking maybe it's a DNS issue but I have no idea how to work with that on a mac.

What do I need to edit? Everywhere I look says to go the DNS tab and has instructions for what to do but my computer is so old it doesn't have a DNS tab. It just has a small box at the bottom labeled DNS that I can type in.

Nohting I've tried has worked. It's been on the internet in the past and worked fine. I didn't set it up though so I don't know what i'm going now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.