DNSCrypt - Could use some input

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TheChemist, Nov 7, 2013.

1. TheChemist macrumors regular

TheChemist

Hi,

I am hoping the community can help me out with DNSCrypt.

I travel a fair amount throughout Canada, the USA, and the UK. I have an OpenDNS account set up for my travel which follows me using the openDNS updater (the icon needs to get with the times in terms of retina).

I recently came across DNSCrypt and thought to give it a try. Which brings me to this post.

I am not sure I have the service set up properly, or, perhaps it is working as intended and I have to accept as is. I have selected the "Enable DNSCrypt and Always Use OpenDNS" options.

1) Browsing seems to be fine.
    2) Sending email via the Mail app using my iCloud credentials stalls. I get an error about not finding the server or smtp. If I select the google server then it works. Otherwise I have to disable DNSCrypt and the iCloud credentials work
    3)World of Warcraft won't download updates, won't log into the game if I have DNSCrypt enabled.
    4) The USMLEworld application suffers the same fate at WoW.

At this point I am suspecting that either I overlooked a setting in this Mavericks or DNSCrypt is working as intended, and there are a few applications that don't agree with it.

Any and all advice is welcome. Tutorials are great too, as long as it stays within the jargon of the lay person.

Cheers!

2. TheChemist thread starter macrumors regular

TheChemist

Could a moderator delete this thread. Everything works now, must have been a temporary hiccup.