do all games work on vista boot?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by carlosbutler, May 1, 2008.

1. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

i was just wondering if all games work with vista. since the new iMac release i really have thought of getting a mac, just waiting untill june incase somthing radical happens... but i unfortunatly need to install a version of windows, either XP or Vista. and this is only for games, nothing else (especially since adobe programs such as photoshop and dreamweaver are on mac, as well as ms office which are the only programs i use)

would vista be better because of DX10, but also there are issues with drivers and games not working and such. i dont really want to be installing xp, then vista, then hating vista and going back to xp. also has anyone installed a dodgy version of either on the machine, not asking how you do it or a link or anything, just an answer (so i dont break the forum rules)

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Windows on a Mac works as well as Windows can anywhere else.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

that wasnt his question....

im pretty sure most games will work with vista
    i have a vista only boot just for games and went with vista as halo2 only runs on vista

have yet to find an incompatible game with vista if that helps

4. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I've been running Vista Ultimate x64 since SP1 was released and it's been fine for games. Even Oregon Trail ran!

5. carlosbutler thread starter macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

well the only games i was most worried about not working were steam games, eg half life 2 and episodes, counterstrike and so forth. apart from that i have world of warcraft which is on the mac anyways and battlefield 2/2142. main games...