iPod touch do all ipod touchs have the remote app?

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
I just recently set up airplay at my parents house. I got them an apple tv and a airport express and it works great with their speakers. They love it but was thinking of getting them an ipod touch to use as a remote for both and hopefully use as an ipod. I gave them my original ipod with no color and they can't seem to figure it out:mad:

I have an iphone 4s and the same set up at my house and love it. I don't want to buy them an iphone because they will never use it enough to justify the data charge. I was wondering if all models of the ipod touch can use the remote app and hopefully get one on craiglist for 100 bucks.

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
I just recently set up airplay at my parents house. I got them an apple tv and a airport express and it works great with their speakers. They love it but was thinking of getting them an ipod touch to use as a remote for both and hopefully use as an ipod. I gave them my original ipod with no color and they can't seem to figure it out:mad:

I have an iphone 4s and the same set up at my house and love it. I don't want to buy them an iphone because they will never use it enough to justify the data charge. I was wondering if all models of the ipod touch can use the remote app and hopefully get one on craiglist for 100 bucks.
The version of the Remote App currently available in the iTunes App Store requires iOS 3.1.2 or greater. Every model of iPod touch can run a version of iOS that meets or exceeds this minimum requirement.

BrunoWill

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
It's an app which you can download in App store. As i know also most every generation of iPod Touch can install it.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
It's an app which you can download in App store. As i know also most every generation of iPod Touch can install it.
Every single iPod or iPhone can have it if they have over or equal to 3.1.2. I guess some iPod touch owners that never updated there iPod because they used to have to pay for it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.