do all ipod touchs have the remote app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crzdcolombian, Nov 16, 2011.

1. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

I just recently set up airplay at my parents house. I got them an apple tv and a airport express and it works great with their speakers. They love it but was thinking of getting them an ipod touch to use as a remote for both and hopefully use as an ipod. I gave them my original ipod with no color and they can't seem to figure it out:mad:

I have an iphone 4s and the same set up at my house and love it. I don't want to buy them an iphone because they will never use it enough to justify the data charge. I was wondering if all models of the ipod touch can use the remote app and hopefully get one on craiglist for 100 bucks.

2. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

The version of the Remote App currently available in the iTunes App Store requires iOS 3.1.2 or greater. Every model of iPod touch can run a version of iOS that meets or exceeds this minimum requirement.

3. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

4. szolr macrumors 6502

5. BrunoWill macrumors member

It's an app which you can download in App store. As i know also most every generation of iPod Touch can install it.

6. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Every single iPod or iPhone can have it if they have over or equal to 3.1.2. I guess some iPod touch owners that never updated there iPod because they used to have to pay for it?