Do all late 2013 13-inch rmbp's suffer from wi-fi problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Whackintosh, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Whackintosh macrumors 6502

Whackintosh

Am nearly ready to pull the trigger on upgrading from my increasingly-long-in-the-tooth 2008 mbp and am likely going for a late 2013 rmbp 13-inch. Been reading numerous unsettling accounts of users' machines having weird latency issues, slow wi-fi and worst of all, an inability to connect to a network in places where other machines connect without a problem. My question is, how widespread an issue is this? Does anyone have a Haswell rmbp that's performing well with wi-fi or are these problems present across the board?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Since upgrading to Mavericks, my 2011 MBP and my girlfriends' early 2013 MBP have had issues connecting to the WiFi at home. I can't say for certain about the Haswell laptops, but I'm guessing that it's a Mavericks issue that will get patched, not a hardware problem.

3. Ai-apple macrumors regular

My wife early 2013 MBP and my rMPB have no issue with the WiFi connection. We both are running Mavericks. Hers is connecting 802.11N on 2.4Ghz and mine is connecting 802.11AC on 5Ghz.

4. marivaux macrumors member

My 13-inch late 2013 rmbp seems fine for wi-fi so far.

5. Moosebear macrumors newbie

I've had zero wifi issues. And as regards latency, I held off buying a late 2013 mbp because of the audio latency issues I kept reading about.

The thing I did in the end was I went into an Apple store, plugged in headphones, opened Garage Band, set up a beat and snapped my fingers along to it as I recorded. I heard no latency, and I'm super-sensitive to latency.

That was good enough for me.

6. Adonys macrumors regular

7. Bri in Mtl macrumors member

Only problems I encounter is when Bluetooth is enabled. Wifi has reconnection issues when I wakw it from sleep.
    If I turn Bluetooth off it works flawlessly.

8. Whackintosh thread starter macrumors 6502

Whackintosh

Thanks, everyone. That's very encouraging to know!

9. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

have no problems with my wifi here, in fact it's very fast compared to every other wifi device I have, it actually gets full speed all over the house! Bluetooth mouse works great with wifi too, no problems there.

However, in bootcamp with windows 7, having bluetooth and wifi on at the same time absolutely cripples wifi, to the point where I can't even use the internet if I'm using the magic mouse. I don't know why this is, but it is. I solved that by just deleting my bootcamp partition and going full OSX because after 18+ years of windows I'm pretty well done dealing with it.

10. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

Working perfectly here , no issues whatsoever !

11. old-wiz macrumors G3

12. daijholt macrumors 6502a

daijholt

I get issues on my 11 inch MacBook Air too, mid 2013 model. Can't figure out what causes it though. It'll connect to my wifi fine for months, then randomly it'll stop auto connecting after waking up. Then one day, it'll randomly start working normally again. Doesn't really make sense.

13. Asalamander macrumors newbie

2012 Macbook Pro

I have been having this issue as well. Since updating to Mavericks whenever I open my computer my home network is suddenly forgotten. It eventually connects about a minute later. Noticing a lot of lag as well. Though my iDevices connect without any issues. Hoping this gets resolved soon, really annoying.