Do all LG screens MacBook Retina 15 inch develop IR over time ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anonymous4a, Jan 13, 2013.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

I tried a new macbook retina, ran the checkerboard test for over 6 hours hopping to see some IR on an LG screen but there was none at all. Do all LG screens develop IR ? Anything different with the LG screens that they are using now for macbook retina compared to a couple months ago ?

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

No, and on a second note hows it feel to beat a dead horse ?

3. scenox macrumors member

No, I have my rMBP with LG screen since october and no IR so far (daily use for a couple of hours)

4. Mackan macrumors 65816

Since there's been people saying their LG screens developed image retention after 6 months, I think there is no certain way to tell yet if all LG screens have this behavior or not. And since the image retention pattern is observed on both 15'' and 13'' from LG, it's kind of telling that the LG technology or manufacturing process for these screens is different than Samsung's.

Personally, I would stay away from components that are known to develop a problem over time... since I wouldn't want the hassle of dealing with a warranty errand that Apple may or may not honor, depending on who you speak to, whether there's an Apple store close by or not, etc, etc...

5. anonymous4a thread starter macrumors 6502

My last macbook retina definitely had IR, I ran the test and after 20 minutes, I could see the checkerboard screen on my desktop so I wanted to see if the problem still persists with newer screens

6. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

That was just mean. Perhaps this is OPs first time here. I thought this forum was for people who don't know as much about these things to ask the Apple community questions that they are concerned with. Regardless as to how many times the issue may have been previously discussed. Now...If you've noticed the OP asking this same question over and over, then I would say "Carry On"

7. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Don't be so sensitive if my comment seems harsh then maybe just maybe the truth is harsh. a better solution would have been to use the search function and see that its been discussed to death.

8. JeffiJers, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

funny thing is, a new, HUGE apple store just opened up in a near by mall for the hollidays and they had 12 Retina pros on display, 6-15 6-13.

Didnt even look at the 13 as I was not interested in it but.......

I left the checkered board up for 2 mins on 3 of the 15inchs and they all had IR. And they all were LG. I didnt test the others as they changed the store around since the holidays and only 3 are on display now.

I am not sure how apple display computers work but this was a brand new store and those computers all had IR.

I wish i could get the 15classic parts in the slimmer retina body. :(