Do all Macbook Pros have a backlight in the keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mitchellis83, Apr 7, 2010.

1. mitchellis83 macrumors newbie

Ive had a 13" macbook pro since July and im pretty sure it's the newest version. Not once has the keyboard lit up, i didnt even know that the keys lit up on macbook pros until i saw my friend's do it. do some macbook pros not have keyboard backlights or is mine just messed up?

2. Nuck81 macrumors regular

Did you check system preferences and make sure the option was checked?

It's the single best feature of the IMHO

3. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Yes, every "Macbook Pro" branded Apple laptop has a backlit keyboard. Look at your F5/F6 keys (F9/F10 on the older MBPs) for the keyboard brightness keys. You have to be in a dark setting in order for the backlight to come on.

4. mitchellis83 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok im currently sitting in total darkness pushing my f5 and f6 keys (which by the way dont have any symbols on them) and nothing is happening. i went into my system preferences and searched the entire thing for the box i apparently have to check with no luck.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Does it actually say MacBook Pro under the display? The 13" MacBook Pro has marks on the F5 and F6 keys, while the 13" MacBook does not. Bear in mind that there was an aluminum unibody MacBook produced briefly in 2008-2009 that looks basically the same as the current 13" MacBook Pro.

6. mitchellis83 thread starter macrumors newbie