Do all the major stores have the 3rd gen in? Or just Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Link2999, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

If they do I'm just gonna head over to Walmart and pick me up a 32gb. My 1st gen 8gb has a drained battery that's unpredictable. Sometimes it can stay on for an entire day fully charged, sometimes for 30mins-1hr. I'm verrrryyyyyyy POed about the camera but hey, the only reason I would want a camera is for new application support, well maybe to fool around with it too but whatever, it is what it is. Also, does anyone know if the speakers are better? The first line of 2gen Touches sounded like crap.

2. mw1010 macrumors newbie

I don't know but I just called the Apple store by me in Columbus, OH and I asked if they had the new iPods released today in the store yet. She asked which one I wanted and I said the new 32 gb touch and she told me it was the same thing just with a new price. I told her it said online that it had a faster processor and she said "Oh, well I guess we don't have it yet then." So she had no idea what she was talking about. Is there any way to make sure we are getting the newest one if I buy a 32 gb touch? She told me the Apple store online said it was shipping within 24 hours so she figured they would be shipped to the store in the same timeframe. I think she just had no idea what she was talking about..