Do antenna bands on 6 make a difference?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Truefan31, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Compared to the 5/5s? Anyone notice any improvement?

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Antenna bands serves its purpose to create a break in the chassis for better antenna reception. The break on the 6 series are the antenna bands and the break in the 5 series are the top n bottom glasses that's all. They both serve its purpose and I have no issue on both.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I thought you told me you didn't have an iOS device before the 6? :p

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Lulz oh I forgot... I was a tech illiterate.

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

for some reason I'm liking the bands better than the two pieces of glass on the 5/5s.

6. Truefan31 thread starter macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I guess I'm wondering if u actually get better signal

7. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

This will probably vary wildly from person to person due to a lot of factors but I can say this. To look at them it would appear I am getting the same signal reported on my 6+ as I was on my 5s.
    However performing a number of 3G speed tests shows me to be getting a small increase in speed on the 6+ over the 5s.
    I performed the tests at home, indoors and outdoors because thats where I know best what my signal is like. I also performed the tests holding and not holding the devices.

I wasn't too surprised that the 6+ performed a bit better than the 5s in the tests where I was holding them. I'm guessing just the fact that less of the phone is covered by my hand on the 6+ compared to the 5s being completely engulfed by my big mitts is providing the opportunity for a better signal.